Keeping all God's people safe!
As a church we take safeguarding really seriously.
On the PCC we are taking all steps to ensure that our churches are among the first in the diocese to meet the Simply Quality Protects standards.
Find out more about that initiative here https://safeguarding.chichester.anglican.org/video/
The PCC have adopted the following as our Safeguarding Policy on 30th April 2018 See here for the signed resolution.
Parish of Frant with Eridge
1. We recognize that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as vulnerable at some time in our lives.
2. As members of this parish we commit ourselves to respectful pastoral care for all children and adults to whom we minister.
3. We commit ourselves to the safeguarding of people who may be vulnerable, ensuring their wellbeing in the life of this church.
4. We commit ourselves to promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
5. The parish commits itself to promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be vulnerable.
6. It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent the physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse of vulnerable people and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
7. We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with people who may be vulnerable.
8. The parish is committed to supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work amongst people who may be vulnerable.
9. The parish adopts the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese.
10. Each person who works with vulnerable people will agree to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by this church.
We review this policy annually and as part of this process will ensure that all our procedures, particularly in relation to the Disclosure and Barring Service, are up to date.
ROO FROUDE - SAFEGUARDING OFFICER
Contact Roo on 07895 907016
If you are a child and you need to talk to someone about things that are happening to you that you don’t like, please click on this link which takes you the Childline website, or telephone Childline on 0800 1111, or type in this web address into your browser: https://www.childline.org.uk/
If you are an adult and you need to access support about something that is happening to you, please click on this link (or type in this web address into your browser: https://safeguarding.chichester.anglican.org/Ihavebeenabused/) to find out how you can do that. Scroll down to find links to various support organisations for you to contact.
If you need to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team, please click on this link. (or type in this web address into your browser: https://safeguarding.chichester.anglican.org/contacttheteam/)
If you need to report a safeguarding concern to the statutory authorities in Sussex, please click on this link, (or type in this web address into your browser: https://safeguarding.chichester.anglican.org/whatdoidoif/) click on the option on the left that most describes the situation you are concerned about, and follow the advice and further links you find there. Please remember to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team as well once you have contacted the statutory authorities.
Other agencies you can turn to are:
Diocese of Chichester Safeguarding
Click here for all the details of the the Diocesan Safeguarding Team
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
With operational primary responsibility for casework, training and policy for all aspects of child and adult safeguarding. Colin is a former Probation Officer, with experience of working in public protection teams in Birmingham, Sussex, and Surrey, prior to joining the Diocese in 2011.
Tel: 01273 425792 / 07500 771210
Deputy Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
Deputy Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor - Casework
I joined the Safeguarding Team in 2019 from Sussex Police, where I worked in teams that specialised in investigations into allegations of abuse. I take the lead for the team in all aspects of safeguarding casework, including support ongoing investigations, coordinating the management of offenders who attend church, and liaising with our statutory authority partners.
Tel: 01273 421 021 / 07384 257882
Independent Sexual Violence Advisor
I am an Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) working for Survivors Network, co-located between the Survivors Network offices in Brighton and the Diocesan Safeguarding Team at Church House in Hove. I offer support to anyone who has experienced sexual violence and/or abuse within the Church. I provide emotional and practical advocacy support, and can support survivors to understand their options in terms of possible reporting to the Police, or making a complaint via the Church CDM procedures. I can also provide consultancy support to Clergy or others in the Church supporting people who have experienced sexual or domestic violence who may not want or need to work with me directly.
Tel: 01273 421021 / 07825235872